Quality incontinence products for women are definitely needed as this is can become a common condition as women age. Holistic ensure new technologies are being developed so we are continually improving our wide array of absorbent products that can provide extra protection when needed.
Many technological advancements have been made to address our customers personal needs and ensure our products feel like regular underwear, especially ones designed for low saturation. We continually make the very best efforts to ensure pads for women meet our customer’s standards and also the standards of your healthcare professional.
Many products are available that will make you feel more comfortable when you suffer from bladder incontinence or bowel issues. Some devices can be used to support the bladder neck or place pressure on your urethra to help reduce stress incontinence. Women are more likely to choose pants or pads for incontinence. There are many sizes and types and absorbencies available. All are discreet.
This article will cover both pads/pants and devices to help you better understand your options.
Bladder Incontinence: Urinary Devices
Devices that can be inserted into the genital area are available. They are typically only for women suffering from stress-related urinary incontinence. These devices cannot be used to control or stem complete urinary incontinence, or heavy flows.
The intravaginal devices are made to support the neck and improve stress urinary incontinence. They are not as effective for women with mixed urine incontinence. Both single-use disposable and reusable versions are available.
Tampons were used traditionally to control menstrual flow. However, some women use them for stress-related urinary incontinence. Toxic Shock Syndrome is not a reason to use tampons for long term, but they can be used occasionally for brief periods. To avoid Toxic Shock Syndrome, you should use the lowest possible absorbency.
Bladder Incontinence Pads
Incontinence pads are the most well-known and widely used type of product. These products can be purchased right here at Holistic Incontinence, Australia’s most trusted brand. Bladder products are often the first product that someone with bladder control or bowel control issues will try.
You can choose from disposable underwear to thinner, discreet pads. Incontinence pads are suitable for everyone, however, some people may find them uncomfortable if they get soiled. It is important to change your pads as soon as they become soiled to prevent sore, broken, and irritated skin.
Disposable Pants and Pads
Disposable pads and pants are the most convenient, easy-to-use and more discreet type of incontinence pad, and thanks to us can also be cost effective and environmentally-friendly. There are a variety of absorbances available to prevent heavy or light leakage/soiling. The design of disposable pants has improved significantly in recent years. They look similar to normal underwear but have an absorbent pad at the crotch.
They are available in many designs for women, including
- Disposable Liners – These are best suited for people with light to moderate bladder leaking. These can easily slip when exercising so it is important to get the right size. Sanitary towels are sometimes used by women as an alternative to pads made for urinary incontinence. Sanitary towels are not designed to hold the same volume of urine as pads and can cause irritation.
- Disposable Pants – These pants look just like regular underwear, but have an absorbent pad that is suitable for moderate to severe bladder leakage
- Disposable All in Ones are unisex products that prevent heavy bladder leakage. These are more suitable for those with bowel and bladder incontinence.
- Disposable T Shape pads are similar to All in Ones. They are designed to prevent moderate to severe bladder and bowel leakage. These are easier to wear standing up.
Washable Pants and Pads
Washable incontinence products are fantastic and they become more affordable over time. People also like the absorbency of these products, especially at night. It causes less irritation to the skin. Products that are designed to prevent light leakage or more often than this tend to be less bulky and difficult for people to see.
- Washable Liners – These are less common than disposable liners, as they are not as effective. These are best for those who want to have some control but still need the security of a pad.
- Washable Pants These look just like regular underwear but have an absorbent pad at the gusset. These can be worn with a disposable pad by some women for additional protection.
- All-In-Ones are made from terry towelling and plastic pant that covers the top to prevent liquid seepage. These are ideal for people with severe bladder leakage.
When it comes to you right product for your needs, Holistic is a brand you can trust.