Causes of Incontinence and Where to Find Adult Nappies Online, in Sydney, or Throughout Australia
|Pull Ups||All in Ones||Pads|
Did you know that there are nearly five million people in Australia living with incontinence? Despite popular belief, older individuals are not the only ones who deal with bladder or bowel control issues.
Incontinence can affect people of any age, gender, background, or culture. Incontinence is not simply an inevitable part of ageing; there are many different causes of this common issue. Sometimes urinary incontinence is temporary and may be caused by:
- Certain medications
- Carbonated drinks
- Urinary tract infection – Symptoms include having a strong urge to urinate (but not being able to), burning during urination, and, sometimes, incontinence.
- Constipation – The rectum and the bladder share some of the same nerves; compacted stool in the rectum can increase urinary frequency by irritating these nerves.
Physical Conditions that Can Cause IncontinenceUnderlying physical conditions can cause ongoing urinary incontinence, such as:
- Pregnancy or childbirth – Hormone changes, the heavier uterus, and muscles weakened by vaginal delivery can all cause incontinence.
- Ageing – As the bladder muscle ages, its capacity to store urine sometimes decreases.
- Menopause – Deterioration of the bladder lining and urethra caused by decreased estrogen production can exacerbate incontinence.
- Enlarged prostate – Particularly in older men, enlargement of the prostate gland can be a cause of incontinence.
- Prostate cancer – Both untreated prostate cancer and side effects of prostate cancer treatments can cause incontinence.
- Neurological conditions – Incontinence can sometimes be caused by strokes, spinal injuries, brain tumours, multiple sclerosis, or Parkinson’s disease.
If you’re experiencing incontinence, be sure to speak with your doctor about the possible causes to see whether there may be an easy solution.
Buying Adult Nappies Online
The good news is that those living with incontinence (whether temporary or permanent) can still live active, full lives with no restrictions. At Holistic Incontinence, we provide incontinence products such as adult nappies, pull-up pants, slip briefs, flexi pads, underpads, and skin care products.
For those looking for more eco-friendly incontinence products in Sydney and throughout Australia, we also offer our Allusive Women’s and Men’s Cotton Flex that contains our Unique Designed Cotton Underwear. Semi Disposable products help reduce the amount of waste going into landfills and are a more ecofriendly choice.
We are an Australian-owned family business that truly cares for our customers. We make education, solutions, and excellent customer service our top priorities. That's why we offer our products online at prices 30% to 40% lower than you’ll find in stores. However, our products are manufactured in the same factories as the leading brands with the same focus on quality control – and we offer free shipping to Sydney and all of Australia on bulk orders as well.
Finally, along with our complete line of adult nappies, we also provide free health care advice for those living with incontinence and their families or carers. We believe that our great prices, high-quality products, and focus on customer care make Holistic Incontinence the best place to buy incontinence products in Australia.
Call us today on 1800 103 933 or use our online contact form or our convenient online chat feature for more information.